Sunday, August 4, 2013

Hunters Extravaganza Pop-up

Made the trip down to the Reliant Center for the Hunters Extravaganza.  I shot in the pop up archery tournament last year with my compound bow, but decided to sty committed to the longbow this year.  The format of this tournament is to shoot from a slightly elevated platform while wearing a safety vest and clipped into the makeshift safety rope.  You shoot five arrows at 5 targets that pop up randomly through pneumatic controls.  A qualifier round is your best two scores (10 targets).  I shot a qualifier round of 40 and 42 which was good for an overall 82.    Wasn't able to make it to the finals because I had other plans, but had a great time and gained a lot of experience.  The compound class required a 94 to get into the top 16.  Next year that will be my goal.  Check out the cool action shots thanks dad and excellent photograpy


No comments:

Post a Comment